You can still eat your nachos and cheese but by adding veggies and legumes you can make it a healthy snack or meal, packed with vitamin and minerals!
red onion, chopped
garlic clove, minced
black pepper, freshly ground
1 ½ cups
canned low-sodium white beans, rinsed and drained
match stick carrots
red bell peppers
fresh kale stems trimmed, well washed and dried
shredded Monterey Jack cheese
avocado, ripe, peeled, and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large skillet on medium with oil.
- Add onion and garlic, cook down 2-3 min.
- Add corn, beans, carrots, red pepper and black pepper; cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add kale and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and move off burner.
- Add parchment paper to large baking sheet and spread nachos evenly.
- Add veggie/bean mixture over nachos evenly, then sprinkle cheese over mixture.
- Add any additional spices if desired.
- Put in middle or top rack for 7-8 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- In the meantime, add yogurt to medium bowl, stir in squeezed lime juice, paprika.
- Pull nachos out of oven add tomatoes & avocado and yogurt mixture. Enjoy!